PROVIDER: Black Dog Institute
DATE: Saturday 9 March, 9:00am – 5:00pm
VENUE: Black Dog Institute, Hospital Road, Randwick NSW 2031.
The diagnosis and management of bipolar disorder presents many challenges to primary care clinicians. Our new six hour highly interactive program explores the key issues and difficulties in the detection and treatment of bipolar disorder, equipping the clinician with the knowledge and skills required to deliver an integrated pharmacological and psychological approach best suited to the needs of people living with bipolar disorder.
- Identify the key features of bipolar disorder
- Assess patients presenting with depression for possible underlying bipolar disorder
- Undertake a risk assessment for patients with bipolar disorder
- List common co-morbid conditions that accompany bipolar disorder
- Outline the pharmacological management of bipolar disorder
- Delineate the role of psycho-education and psychological strategies in achieving and maintaining well-being in patients with bipolar disorder
GPs, GP Registrars, Psychologists,, Social Workers, Counsellors and other Allied Health Professionals.
Cat 1 ALM, providing 40 QI&CPD points, Focused Psychological Strategies CPD, 30 PRPD points with ACRRM. Psychologists – 6 hours CPD.