Northern Sydney Health Network is seeking two General Practices within the Northern Beaches LGA to participate in shared care nurse led pilot with the Northern Sydney Local Health District (NSLHD) Drug & Alcohol Service.
The practices will have an interest in Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) or a high case load of patients who use substances.
The practices will be willing to actively participate in the research evaluation of this pilot and will be reimbursed for their time.
The AOD Nurse Led Clinic aims to support better collaboration between specialist Drug & Alcohol services and General Practices within the NSLHD.
Shared care, increases accessibility of treatment, reduces stigma and will develop durable referral pathways that allow smooth transitions between primary care and specialist D&A services.
- Provide coordinated care arrangements to improve patient outcomes and reduce the need for specialist referral and admission.
- Provide clinical liaison services to increase capacity, clinical understanding and referral pathway knowledge allowing for better integration and support for.
- General Practitioners who are seeing patients with D&A needs.
- Provide education and support to clinicians in primary care and D&A settings, to support the GP Shared-Care pilot project objectives.
- An AOD clinical nurse specialist onsite one session a week.
- Improved knowledge of screening, and management of Alcohol and Other Drug patients.
- Increased communication with Northern Sydney Local Health District drug and alcohol team.
- Increase knowledge of managing both the mental and physical healthcare needs of AOD patients.
- Increased knowledge of local hospital services and referral pathways.
To express your interest in this pilot program, please complete the Expression of Interest form below.
If you have any questions, please call 02 9432 8208 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.