The Royal North Shore Diabetes Service will be hosting a half-day Advanced Diabetes Education Workshop on November 3, 2023, from 13:00 to 16:00.
The workshop offers a valuable opportunity for nurses working in general practices and residential aged care facilities within NSLHD to enhance their knowledge and skills in diabetes management and education.
- Review of insulin basics, insulin types, pump, and peri-op preparation
- Insights into blood glucose monitoring and continuous glucose monitoring
- Hypo/hyperglycaemia and sick day management
Hands-On Group Activities:
- Practical insulin education and application of theoretical knowledge
- Application of blood glucose monitoring and continuous glucose monitoring concepts
- Optional Libre sensor trial
We are recommending nurses with a foundational understanding of diabetes and a strong interest in advancing their expertise in this field.
Once we reach the maximum capacity of 10 participants, additional registrants will be placed on a waiting list for the next round of the program.
For people who have already registered, there is no need to re-enrol.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST: Sandy Wu, Integrated Care Clinical Nurse Consultant, Credentialled Diabetes Educator, Jiahua.firstname.lastname@example.org