Sydney North Primary Health Network has commissioned Parramatta Mission to provide Warekila, a service for people with severe & complex mental illness.
Warekila is a mental health treatment service for people over 18 years old who are experiencing severe mental illness and related decreased level of function in everyday life, such as with work, family, or social engagement. This may include people with a psychotic illness such as bipolar disorder, or severe mood disorders such as anxiety and depression.
The service provides:
- Assessment of psychological, physical and social issues
- Case Management, helping people find and access resources necessary to reach their goals
- Treatment focussed on recovery
- Psychological interventions
- Family and carer support
- Support from peer workers with lived experience of mental illness
- Links to clinical mental health services (such as Drug and Alcohol, employment assistance and psychological support)
- After hours support when required
- Outreach options, allowing care to be provided in a location that suits each individual
The service operates long hours- Monday to Friday between the hours of 9am and 8pm, which provides people the opportunity to access the service around other commitments.
On The Line, an online and telephone counselling service delivered by trained mental health clinicians, will be available to provide after-hours support for people registered with Warekila.
To contact to the service, call (02) 9196 8700, or speak to your GP who can help you with a referral.