Freecall healthdirect for 24 hr health advice from a nurse.
After Hours Visiting Doctor Services
In the After Hours period you can phone for a home visiting doctor service that will visit you or a member of your family in your home. Some services offer bulk billing while others require a gap payment. Some Private Health Insurers may also provide a free GP-to-home service to their members.
Useful Helpline Services
- After Hours GP Helpline: 1800 022 222 (24 hours)
- Child Protection Helpline: 132 111 (24 hours)
- Domestic Violence Line: 1800 656 463 (24 hours)
- Kids Helpline: 1800 551 800 (24 hours)
- Lifeline: 13 11 14 (24 hours)
- National Breastfeeding Helpline: 1800 686 268 (24 hours)
- NSW Mental Health Line: 1800 011 511 (24 hours)
- Parentline: 1300 130 052 (24 hours)
- Poisons Information Centre: 13 11 26 (24 hours)
- Carer Gateway: 1800 422 737 (Mon-Fri 8am-6pm)
- Medicines Line: 1300 633 424 or 1300 MEDICINE (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm)
- Mothersafe: 1800 647 848 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm)
- My Aged Care: 1800 200 422 (Mon-Fri 8am-8pm and Sat 10am-2pm)
- Emergency Department waiting times: http://www.emergencywait.health.nsw.gov.au/ (NSW Health)
Australia’s Triple Zero Awareness Working Group has developed a smartphone app for iOS, Android and Windows devices to:
- Provide the caller with information about when to call Triple Zero
- Provide the caller with information about who to call in various non-emergency situations
- State Emergency Service (SES) (132 500)
- Police Assistance Line (131 444)
- Crime Stoppers (1800 333 000)
- Health Direct Australia (1800 022 222)
- National Relay Service
- Assist the caller to dial the relevant number.
- Display the GPS coordinates of the phone’s location that the caller can read out to the emergency operator.
The app is free of charge and available for download from iTunes, Google Play and Windows Stores.
Click here for more information about this and other emergency-related apps.