- Are you passionate about healthcare?
- Do you want to make a difference to the local healthcare system?
- Have you had first hand lived experience with a health service that you thought could be improved?
About the SNPHN Community Council
Sydney North Primary Health Network (SNPHN) Community Council is seeking individual expressions of interest from community members who want to make a difference in local healthcare. The Council has three vacant spaces for new members and seek consumer representatives with lived experience:
- People who have accessed health services within the region for their children at early childhood centres, paediatric care, early developmental services, or for general health issues
- Young people aged 18-25 who have accessed Mental Health or Alcohol and Other Drug services
- People who have recently moved to live in Australia, for example Humanitarian Entrant / Refugee entrants.
The SNPHN Community Council consists of health consumers who want to lend their voice and help shape local healthcare. Members of the Community Council work together, and in tandem, with the SNPHN Clinical Council (GP and Health Professional led). Together the two Councils help inform the SNPHN Board on local health matters, priorities and gaps to help shape local services and programs.
The Community Council has broad representation across the following community members – Aged Care, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD), Youth Health, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, Disability, Law, Family Health, Chronic Disease, Workforce Health, Mental Health, Carers, Governance, Veterans Health and Homelessness.
About being a Community Council Member
As a Community Council Member you will be:
- A health service consumer and not a health professional.
- A resident and/or work in the Sydney North region.
- Welcomed and accepted as part of a team in a partnership approach to improve health outcomes for residents.
- Given an equal opportunity to have your opinions heard, and will demonstrate an ability to listen, contribute and build on the ideas of others.
- Contribute both as an individual and as a voice for a Community who share the same values, interests, experiences and hopes.
- Provided with information and training to ensure you can contribute effectively.
- Acknowledged for your contribution with an attendance fee.
- Required to meet at least six times per year, for 2 hours each time at SNPHN’s St Leonard’s office.
If you would to discuss your interest or have any questions relating to this Community Council, please contact:
Commissioning Operations Manager
T 02 9432 8205
How to Express Your Interest
To express your interest in becoming an individual member of the SNPHN Community Council, please complete the Expression of Interest Application Form below.
Applications close 30 June 2017.
About Sydney North Primary Health Network
Sydney North Primary Health Network (SNPHN) is a locally based primary care organisation funded by the Australian Government since July 2015, to help people to get the right care, in the right place at the right time.
We work in partnership with local general practitioners, allied health professionals, hospitals, health providers, non-government organisations and the local and state governments to help improve the health system.